14 Nov Benefits of using video to promote your business – Tips from a Video Expert
Today we’ve got a guest blogger! Andy Green is a video expert and is here to share why you should be using video in your business, across the board, not just within social media.
It’s the year of video – according to https://highq.com and I agree. Video is becoming more and more popular in marketing plans, for websites and social media. I heard a quote once, which is quite inspiring, ‘If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the power of video can be limitless’.
Here are 5 benefits of using video to promote your business
- 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 will be video – from http://www.yumyumvideos.com. Have you noticed when you’re scrolling through Facebook or Twitter, you stop and watch almost every video you come across without even realising. It’s because it’s the most engaging type of media. This is exactly why businesses should use video to promote their services, because people will watch!
- Using Testimonial Videos to give your audience quality assurance. Testimonials are very important to businesses as it gives potential customers and clients a little insight into how others see your work. As technology is evolving and videos are everywhere, people would rather watch a testimonial than read one.
- Easy to share – How many videos on YouTube have you shared to your friends? Have you even thought about how easy it is to copy and paste a link and there you go, in seconds other people are watching it. That’s one of the best things about videos. If you create a video showcasing a product and you share it across your social media accounts, your clients and friends will share the video, which then allows more and more people see what you’ve created. You never know, your video could end up going viral!
- Using quality imagery to showcase your product – Why take images and videos on your phone when you could invest in someone to take professional videos for you to show off your product. How it’s used, how it looks in real life situations and so much more. Using video is a great way to make your product look great from all angles.
- Finally, the limitless use – Once your video has been created, you have the limitless use of it. You could
- Cut it into shorter videos for social media
- Do an email about it
- Share it on Google+
- Put it on your website
I hope you found these benefits, well beneficial!
Andy Green is an established video production consultant and managing director/owner of Leagus Video. Over the past 15 years of working in digital media, Andy has gained extensive experience in this field and has embraced the rapid development and exciting changes of online media. Keeping a keen eye on the opportunities that online video can offer, Andy admits that he tends to spend the bulk of his time educating people about the benefits of incorporating video into their online marketing strategy and actively blogs about key issues on a regular basis.
Prior to working in video production, Andy was a magazine editor and held senior positions in various respected creative agencies and believes that this grounding gave him an insight of working with a variety of individuals and organization in most business sectors. It has been said that Andy has a natural creative approach, followed by his personable nature, his commitment and dedication to projects, his exacting standards, and his expertise in his field and finally his commitment to deliver are of the very highest standards.
Core Values from Andy
Direct and Honest – I’ll tell it straight
Prompt – I’m a slave to time. I hate being late and have little time for those that are.
Control – I’m a bit of a control freak. My job has to be organized and I like to lead from the front.
Consistent – People expect high standards from me and I strive to live up to these standards.
Creative – This is my core. I’m creative in everything. It allows me to speak openly and apply my thinking to work and play.
Passion – I naturally apply my passion to most things. It’s important to me that people see that I believe in what I’m doing and my passion very often comes flooding out.
Approachable – I’m a people person. I love engaging with people and I can be tactile and hope that I leave the right impression, especially with those who may not have be ready for my approach.
Thanks for the hints and tips Andy! I’ve used both professional video makers and my phone to create videos and I’d strongly advocate the “just do it” methodology because video is only going to get bigger and more important for telling your business story and selling your service or product.
How are you using video right now in your business? How can you use the hints from this blog to help you use it more?